After School Leads/ Facilitators
(Elementary, Middle & High School Needed)
A World Fit For Kids! (WFIT) is a vibrant non-profit organization that provides kids with before, during and after school time experiences that include healthy behaviors, academic and enrichment activities that engage and inspire learning and achievement beyond the school day. Additionally, we provide personal empowerment and healthy behaviors (physical activity leadership/nutrition/Mentors in Motion) training for teens, teachers, parents, and youth workers. As a result, we are changing the lives of young people, as well as the adults who work with them!
WFIT has been providing our award-winning programming and training since 1993 and have served over 450,000 children and their families in Los Angeles. We are currently hiring healthy, active leaders throughout LA who have a passion for working with kids. While recruiting experienced coach-mentors is important, we are also looking for passionate and dynamic people with an enthusiasm and a desire to learn and grow as a youth leader and mentor.
Resumes should be emailed to email@example.com. In your resume and/or cover letter, please make sure you answer the following questions;
1. What experience do you have in working with kids?
2. What additional skills/passions do you have to share with youth and/or fellow teammates?
Essential Duties / Responsibilities of Coach-Mentors:
* Assist in the development and implementation of sport, enrichment, nutrition and other physical activity sessions
* Manage a group of high school students while providing a safe and positive environment
* Attend Trainings outside of typical program hours and on weekends as required
* Participate in weekly site meetings & contribute discussion topics
* Manage site equipment & resources in a responsible & tidy manner
* Assist in the development and implementation of special events and field trips for the site
* Graduate or majoring in education, physical education, recreation or related field desirable
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Experience implementing out-of-school healthy behaviors, educational, and/or enrichment activities a plus
* Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others
* Excellent organizational skills
* Spanish communication is an asset (but not required)
* Regular physical activity participation required
* Must be at least 18 years of age
Days / Hours:
Monday to Friday – approx. 3.25 Hours per day/after-school hours ranging from 1 – 6:30 PM.
Some evenings and weekends may be required.
Hourly rate determined commensurate with position, experiences and skills.
Join our team and help create A World Fit For Kids!